Returners and re-entrants
Some women take a career break and use it to their advantage to publish papers, write a book or acquire a new qualification. Others struggle.
Technology gaps are not the biggest barrier to returning, it’s confidence. Employers and managers can help returners become useful and productive staff members within a matter of a few months. As part of the Equalitec project, Katalytik, for BCS produced Returners and Re-entrants – a collection of schemes operating within companies to both attract and manage the returning and re-entrant process.
- Offering pre-interview confidence sessions
- Training courses for potential returners
- Developing a skill bank to offer project work to those who do not wish to work full time.
- Return to work interviews for both the returner, line manager and staff up to a year after the return
- Phased return / re-entry
- Mentoring, coaching and buddy system